I have been on this weight loss journey with you guys for 7 weeks I am totally baffled by my progress or lack there of. I have given this a lot of thought, research, and energy here is what I have been missing:
- Keeping track of what I am eating; I have installed My Fitness Pal App on my phone. I don’t know why I stopped using it it’s a great tool and it’s free. You put in your current weight, your goal weight, and your goal date range. It will tell you the amount of calories you need to consume and you can track every morsel you put in your mouth; the app will tell you if said item is too many carbs or too much fat to reach your goals, etc. (I will also share with you what I am eating)
- I should be eating more than 3 times per day instead eating 6 small meals throughout the day, snacking frequently (healthy snacks) keeps the metabolism going, helps with hunger and controls blood sugar. This will take more prep time but worth the effort.
- I didn’t take before measurements of my waist, hips, and bust, etc. my scale isn’t moving as much as I would like but I am pretty sure I have lost inches. I am going to measure myself starting today and I will share my current measurements the next weigh in Wednesday. (not weekly but periodically)
- Consult with a nutritionist my insurance has a wellness nutrition coach program and I spoke to my “coach” for the first time today. I hope to meet with a nutritionist soon.
- Get in at least 150 minutes of exercise per week. I am currently working out 3 days per week (trying to squeeze in more) for 35 to 45 minutes which is not enough for weight loss.
- Go to bed EARLY! I am up very early and I average 5.5 to 6 hours a sleep per night studies show lack of sleep inhibit weight loss and can actually cause weight gain.
- Eat less sugar that seems like a no brainer but even fruit which has “good” sugars still can slow down your weight loss. My plan is to cut my fruit in take by half and replace the fruit with veggies.
The silver lining, my body is changing, I look slimmer, my clothes fit better and I feel great! I am still as determined to get this weight off I am learning so much about myself and about my 50 year old body. Although I have been eating clean and exercsing it wasn’t enough. I am going to make the adjustments and keep it moving. Having said all of that I don’t have a picture, I got on the scale at 6 am this morning and I weigh 161.6 (I gained 4 ounces) I was so
surprised ANGRY I forgot to take the picture. No Excuses! Getting it in no matter what!
How many meals do you eat per day? If you do the small meals throughout the day please share how that’s working for you? Do you take your measurements while trying to loose weight? Do you use fitness apps that track your weight, food, activity?