Weigh In Wednesday #6

Week 6 and I’m feeling pretty good! I varied my workout routine to include running, weight training and cardio (P90X); I like variety, without it I would be bored stiff and loose interest. I have to admit I am enjoying working out and I actually look forward to it. Right now I am working out 3 to 4 times per week including my runs but I would like to increase my workouts to daily.  The weight is coming off so SLOWLY but I am encouraged that the numbers are dropping ever so slowly.  I have my physical mid May and plan to ask my doctor what else I can do to help accelerate, boost, reignite, jump start or any other adjective I can think of to get this metabolism going.

How are you doing with your goals? I would love to hear what you’re doing to stay focused and committed to your get fit goals. Is anyone else in a standoff with the scale? Hang in there ladies! Can’t Stop Won’t Stop! LET’S GET IT!

(6 ounces this week) At this rate I should hit my goal next year. (sarcasm added)

WIW # 6 (had to hide my feet)

1. Dawn
    April 26, 2017 / 7:42 pm

Hi Karen! I’ve really been enjoying your blog…you are so encouraging! I feel your struggle and it’s so real. Don’t worry the slow progress, you ARE BEAUTIFUL! I certainly hope we can see each other soon and catch up. Keep inspiring us…you’re doing a good work and may God continue to favor you!
    Love you

April 26, 2017 / 9:36 pm

Hey Dawn! Aww I am so glad you are enjoying the blog! I love doing it, you guys have encouraged me more than you know just by commenting and sharing! Yes can’t wait to see you too we have a lot to catch up on 🙂 Thank you for being so sweet and encouraging!

2. Mander
    April 26, 2017 / 8:49 pm

You’re doing awesome!!

April 26, 2017 / 9:31 pm

Thank you my friend!

3. Your lifetime friend
    April 26, 2017 / 8:49 pm

Slow but steady and consistent is key to real success! Even if your body hasn’t transformed yet, your attitude and perspective about working out definitely have. And, that’s the best thing. Keep striving, keep reaching and keep inspiring. Joyce and I wish you were here this weekend to participate in my 5K…next year!

April 26, 2017 / 9:31 pm

Yeah I needed an attitude adjustment lol concerning working out! I wish I was there too for your 5k next year for sure.

April 27, 2017 / 12:43 pm

Just keep moving and you’ll get there! I’m very proud of you Niecy! Your race your pace! Love ya!

April 27, 2017 / 8:04 pm

Thanks Joyce! love you too

5. Geraldine Deloris Fowler Me
    May 1, 2017 / 4:41 pm

Your writing is so natural and easy going just like you. You look great and in time all your efforts will show. You have any tips on overcoming night time cravings. I either want something sweet or salty at night any suggestions?

May 2, 2017 / 12:00 pm

Thank you I appreciate your comment. I write like we are having a conversation I am glad that comes across. I am looking forward to reaping the benefits of my efforts lol! What you have in your house you’re going to eat. I don’t buy things anymore that may tempt me I keep my fruit and nuts on hand and If I want something sweet besides those things I will go and buy 1 doughnut or buy a scoop of ice cream that way I get my treat but I am not eating everyday because it’s in my house. That has worked for me I don’t deprive myself but I try not to overindulge either. Buy popcorn you can eat as much of that as you want (no butter) pop it with coconut oil and salt.