Weigh In Wednesday

Have you ever made a promise and then wonder why in the world did I commit to that? Well, that is kind of how I am feeling. After re-reading my blog post I am wondering, why did I say I would do weekly weigh in’s? ( Preparing For My First 5k ) I had butterflies, no honestly I was panicked about sharing my weight struggles with the world.

1st weigh 3-22-17 23 pounds to go to get to my goal weight of 137

I have posted my journey on FaceBook and on the BGR (Black Girls Run 5k Training Page). The combination of the accountability of BGR and the support of my husband, Michael  (AKA my biggest supporter – waking up at 5 am to exercise is not a pleasant thing for him), has created a community of support for me. I am well on my way to keeping my promise and fulfilling my commitment to shape up and complete my 5K.

My first weigh in photo!  YIKES! (I also have an inspiration picture from when I was at my goal weight)I would like to loose 2 pounds per week or 8 pounds per month, my goal weight is 137.  I am doing pretty good with eating, but I need to improve my water intake. Putting my favorites down and eating healthier snacks still not easy but not as hard as I thought. Especially since I have a love affair with all carbs; especially fries, pasta, rice and of course sweets (I told y’all I love Chic-Fil-A lemonade)!

While on your fitness journey what do you crave the most?  How often do you weigh yourself? How do you keep from being discouraged when the numbers don’t move? (don’t worry I won’t ask you to post your weight) Or share what ever is on your heart.

Me and Michael Easter 2013 at my goal weight. (that hair tho)

March 22, 2017 / 11:13 am

Proud of you lady! Just keep it at one day at a time.

March 22, 2017 / 1:18 pm

Thank you! Yes ma’am one day at a time! The encouragement is what keeps me going and even seeing the changes in my body over the last several weeks. It has also amazed me that I have inspired others to also try and get fit. So awesome!

2. March 22, 2017 / 3:49 pm

Funny, your current weight is my goal weight! 🙂 Keep inspiring!

March 23, 2017 / 9:26 am

Thank you for subscribing Tracey! Let’s keep one another encouraged through this process.

3. Janice Davis
    March 22, 2017 / 5:50 pm

I adore your blog…. love you

March 23, 2017 / 9:20 am

Thanks so much I am glad you are enjoying it! Share it with your friends. Love you too! Thanks for the encouragement!

4. Charlene Gamble
    March 22, 2017 / 6:35 pm

I tried for a few days walking everyday but gave up. I started breathing very hard not sure if I started out walking too fast. Need the drive to start again.

March 23, 2017 / 9:20 am

Hi Charlene,
      Don’t be discouraged keep going gradually ease into it. As you get stronger walk a little more and keep increasing your pace you will get there. Slow and steady. You can do it!

5. Tanya Fowler
    March 23, 2017 / 10:11 pm

Very inspiring! I am much heavier now than I’ve ever been, not pregnant. I struggle all around with the exception of water intake. All I drink all day almost everyday is water plus my 1 cup of coffee in the morning. I just don’t eat right in terms of the 3 meals a day, and light snack in between. I eat once maybe twice most days. Just too busy, and not really having an appetite Suwanee to exhaustion. I am about 30 pounds over my goal weight, but have fallen off of the fitness thing. Hopefully your blog will help with the motivation I need. Keep it up, I’m enjoying your topics!

March 24, 2017 / 8:45 am

Hi Tanya,
      Thank you for your transparency! One day at a time tackling one issue at a time. You will get there make getting fit a priority slow and steady.

6. Jo
    March 28, 2017 / 8:25 am

Hey Karen! Love the blog. Continue to motivate and inspire us with your journey!

March 28, 2017 / 12:30 pm

Hi Jo,

So glad you are enjoying the blog! The encouragement has been amazing! Hope you will subscribe so you won’t miss any content.

Thanks!