Rhythm and Vision

I am about 30 days late creating my vision board for 2017. This is my first vision board (my daughter has been encouraging me for years to create one). Let me tell you, to my surprise it was a very emotional and therapeutic experience! I am a very  introspective person (almost to the extreme), not self-absorbed but I am always trying to be a better me. The process of creating my vision board fit so perfectly considering I am the list making, planner, schedule making type.

Last year was a year of much transition: I turned 50 in September, my family left our church home of over 20 years (no drama just time for change) and joined a new church, we down sized from a house to an apartment; change after major change. To say that it was a hard  year is an understatement but through it all I am so excited! I am being stretched in ways I probably never would have been open to, these changes have taught me so much.

As I was creating my vision board my mind was starting to flood with ideas and things I wanted to do or change and create a new rhythm in my life. (my pastor did a series about resolutions vs. rhythm – post soon to come) I wanted the rhythm of my life to align with the rhythm of heaven.

Here are some of the areas I want to continue doing, improve, or start doing: Exercise, Eat cleaner, and lose weight. I also want to be intentional about my friendships make time for girls night/day, encourage younger women, read more, and be more spontaneous. One of the scariest is to start this blog and YouTube channel coming soon (YIKES!). The vision board helped me feel empowered to really make changes, to be ready for those life transitions (like HOT FLASHES,  ugh!). I am ready for a new rhythm in my life!

My blog is for mature women (when you are over 40 you are really GROWN). The blog will be a place of belonging where we can share life together and talk about some of the things I am passionate about; being a wife, mom a lover of all things beauty (makeup, natural hair, skin care for aging  skin, fashion and even the dreaded stages of menopause). I hope you will join me as we embark this journey together.

March 1, 2017 / 6:11 am

I’m so proud of you lady and I’m excited and looking forward to hearing from you daily! We as women especially over 40 are usually afraid of change so it’s great hearing from women that are willing to step out on faith to see where the Lord is leading them. So reach for the stars my niece! Love you and I’m already inspired!!!

March 3, 2017 / 9:54 am

Joyce wow! Thanks for you kind words. This has been a journey just to get here. I certainly was unsure and afraid although I knew this is what I wanted to do. I am trusting God to equip me on this journey.

2. Janice Davis
    March 1, 2017 / 9:44 am

We ready and also ready to get out of this Rut

March 3, 2017 / 9:50 am

Yes Ma’am lets go! Reclaim what’s ours!

3. March 1, 2017 / 9:47 am

Beautiful, Karen! Although I haven’t yet reached the 40 mark, I’m getting close, so I’ll be following along. So happy for you stepping into all the newness! You have been a great source of encouragement to me, so I know many ladies will benefit from what you post! May God bless you.

March 3, 2017 / 9:50 am

Stacie you are welcome here! You don’t have to be over 40 lol. I love your blog as well I don’t know how you do it you inspire me.

4. Geraldine D Fowler
    March 1, 2017 / 10:45 am

I’m trying to get myself together to say what I want to say, I am so very proud of you daughter you are everything and more that I had hope for your life. You’re a godly woman, loving wife, mother daughter sister and friend. I will continue to lift you up in this effort as in everything you do congratulation daughter your mother loves you

March 3, 2017 / 9:48 am

Aww Thanks Mom!

5. Carline
    March 1, 2017 / 10:48 am

This looks great!!! I’m so very proud of you taking this step along with many more to follow

March 3, 2017 / 9:48 am

Carline! So sweet thanks for all the pep talks!

6. Kim Gordon
    March 1, 2017 / 10:59 am

Congrats on all the transitions you have taken. Definitely missing seeing you guys on Sundays, but praise God for all the blessings that have come and will come to each of you. I’m excited for you and would love to be a part of your followers on both the blog and youtube channel. Love ya!

March 3, 2017 / 9:47 am

Thanks Kim I appreciate you! Spread the word!

7. LaShawn Toomer Hill
    March 1, 2017 / 3:01 pm

I’m inspired and excited just to be reading this intro! #Growth #Change is all good

March 3, 2017 / 9:46 am

LaShawn! Thanks so much!

8. L
    March 1, 2017 / 4:27 pm

This is Awesome! Looking forward !!!!

March 3, 2017 / 9:43 am

Aww thanks Lisa! Stay tuned I have great things in store for our new community!

9. Lynn
    March 2, 2017 / 11:23 pm

Karen, It’s so inspiring to watch you turn your passion and dreams into reality. I look forward to walking this journey with you and other women in this blog. Love this post!

March 3, 2017 / 9:42 am

Thanks so much Lynn! You have always been so encouraging to push me in this direction and here we are! Thanks for taking this journey with me!

10. Annette
    March 3, 2017 / 2:09 pm

I started my journey two weeks ago and I feel so much better. Eating more vegetables and fruits. Trying to eat dinner before 7. I have noticed that I’m sleeping much better since I have started exercising. We all can encourage each other on this journey. Love you my dear keep it up. Let’s be beautiful and fit.

March 3, 2017 / 11:30 pm

Good for you one day at time! Thank for your encouragement! I love it lets be beautiful and fit YES!!!! Love you too!